Wednesday, June 6, 2007

In the Classroom

There are several ways to use ALEX in the classroom. The major thing other than the Alabama Course of Study that will be useful to me when I teach is the Lesson Plan section of the website and the Web Links section. The lesson plan search is very specific. You check boxes that specify what subject and grade level and it pulls up several ideas for you to work with. The web link section also asks you to check a box for a subject and then it pulls up several different sites that have worksheets and extra help pages for your students.
The Alabama Course of Study is also one of my favorite parts. I do realize that this is a state requirement, but is a very halpful one. It halps you to organize your planning book and shows you what the children in your classroom should be doing by now. The personal workspace is also a wonderful tool. It allows you to save and remember items from the site and parsonalize all of your work. This, again, is a great website and wil be very beneficial when I become an educator.

2 comments:

Jennifer Schwartz said...

I think that is my favorite part as well since it helps with lesson planning. This is my first EDU class and planning lessons right now terrifies me expecially when you have to put the standards in there that it meets.

John Hadley Strange said...

Good! Now you understand a bit more about ALEX and how it can be used!